One of the things that’s great about coconut oil is that it has medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s). This type of fat metabolises in the liver, so it’s instantly available as an energy source. Here are a few interesting things you can use coconut oil for:
- Baking-replace coconut oil for butter in baking recipes to cut down cholestrol
- Bulletproof coffee-coconut oil blended into coffee gives you the same buzz as the bulletproof coffee with coffee, butter, and MCT oil used as an energy drink
- Supercharged smoothie-add coconut oil to your smoothie to give it some healthy fats
- Toast-use coconut oil on toast instead of butter or jam
- Sore Throat Treatment-instead of hot tea and honey, use a spoonful of coconut oil in tea to soothe a sore throat
- Freezer Fudge-vegan, raw, Paleo-friendly fudge–mix 1 cup nut butter, 1/4 cup coconut oil, and several tablespoons of cacao powder (however chocolaty you like your fudge) and freeze for 30 minutes
- Oil Pulling-part of ayurvedic medicine–used to whiten teeth, clean the mouth, and banish bad breath. Swish coconut oil around in your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes; spit out and rinse well when done.
- Moisturizer-coconut oil a great natural lotion, especially for sensitive skin
- Leave-In-Conditioner-Get rid of split ends and condition a nappy head of hair by adding coconut oil to your hair-care routine. Work a small amount of oil through your hair before showering and leave it in for 10 minutes.
- DIY Body Scrub-make a simple scrub by mixing 1/2 cup coconut oil with 1/4 cup brown sugar or sea salt
- Lip Balm-because it’s so moisturizing, coconut oil makes a great lip balm!
- Bath-use coconut oil and an essential oil (www.youngliving.com(use 2161921 if you want to order)); coconut oil will condition your skin, and the scent of the essential oil will help you relax.
- Makeup Remover-a dab of coconut oil will easily remove stubborn eye makeup and the rest of your makeup
- Soothe Diaper Rash-smooth a little onto the rash of your baby and it will clear up! (the rash)
- Lice remedy-Rinse hair with apple cider vinegar and comb out; coat scalp and hair with coconut oil, and leave in for 12-24 hours before shampooing as usual.