Is anyone addicted to diet soda, where it be Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Pepsi, or Diet Mountain Dew? I have met a few people who are highly addicted to diet sodas! I talked to someone last night about doing the 24-day-challenge by AdvoCare, and she was all for it until she found out that she needed to give up her Diet Coke. This inspired me to do some research on the effects that prolonged use of diet sodas may have on the body. Here is what I found:
- Low bone mineral density-the reason could be that people don’t drink more nutritious drinks like milk and water–instead they substitute that with diet soda.
- Type 2 diabetes-diet soda may alter our gut microbes in a way that increases the risk of metabolic diseases such as Type 2 diabetes — at least in some of us.
- Stroke-researchers found that people who drank diet soft drinks daily were 43 percent more likely to have suffered a vascular event, including a stroke.
- Weight Gain-A new study published in the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society found that people who drank diet soda gained almost triple the abdominal fat over nine years as those who didn’t drink diet soda.
- Tooth decay-downing 3 or more diet sodas a day increases your risk for tooth decay, because of the high acidity level.
- Depression-drinking 4 or more a day makes you 30% more likely to develop depression
- Kidney Disease-Drinking at least 2 per day doubles your risk.
- Reproductive Issues-soda bottles and cans typically contain the chemical BPA, which may alter hormones and decrease fertility.
- Cancer-some studies label aspartame as a carcinogen, but others indicate that more research needs to be done.
Spark Energy is Top selling vitamin and
amino acid energy supplement! Buy Now
As for me, I do not really like diet sodas, but I do love coffee. I used to drink about 4 cups a day, but now only one, because I really do like the taste of coffee. I drink a glass of Spark Energy in the morning, and during the week, I drink one in the afternoon. I don’t need to do the afternoon one on my days off. Not only has it made me feel young again, but my mental focus has sharpened a lot! My favorite flavor is pink lemonade, but I also like the grape and fruit punch. Everyone has their preferences. Let me know if you have any questions about AdvoCare Spark Energy.