Do you like watching TV in bed, or drink too much caffeine and alcohol? You may find yourself staring at the ceiling at 3 AM! Here’s some tips on how to get a good night’s sleep:
- Stop drinking coffee 3 hours before bedtime to avoid a delay in the sleep cycle.
- Read a book before going to bed instead of binge-watching your favorite TV program.
- If you eat something spicy, sleep on your left side; sleeping on your back adds fuel to the fire for acid reflux, and lying on your right side could cause your lower esophageal sphincter to relax (Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology).
- If you’re wide awake at bedtime, keep your eyes open. Seriously! Keep looking at the ceiling, without any kind of activity, and you will fall asleep quickly. This exercise is called paradoxical intention.
- If your partner snores, pretend that those noises are coming from a soothing sleep-sounds app (Catherine Darley, Institute of Naturopathic Sleep Medicine). Okay, I will try that one myself!
- If your brain doesn’t power down, try to think of as many sleep-related words as possible. According to a study published in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology, people who conjured up restful words (like cozy and relax) slept 62% longer than those who didn’t participate in this game.
- Hot flash? Self-acupuncture! The best points for hot-flash relief lie between the thumb and the pointer finger, and on the inside of the leg, about 3 inches up from your anklebone. Push on and massage each point for 30 seconds. You may feel a peculiar kind of pain.
- If you sleep in or took a nap during the day, don’t turn in at your normal bedtime. If you slept in for an hour, go to bed an hour later.
Sleepworks by AdvoCare helps produce sound and restful sleep on occasional sleepless nights to help you awaken refreshed.*
With niacin, vitamin B-6, magnesium , zinc, and herbal ingredients, SleepWorks helps you naturally relax and fall asleep more rapidly.* This formula contains melatonin, a naturally occurring hormone produced within the body which is involved in the process regulating the body’s circadian rhythm.*
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
You can become an AdvoCare Preferred Customer for only $19.95 a year. Preferred customers get a 20-30% discount on any purchase!